Saturday, August 30, 2008

Live from NOLA

You watch.  If the levees break in NOLA due to Gustav, the GOP convention delegates will be watching on the Jumbotron while John McCain gives his acceptance speech from some gymnasium to where people have been evacuated.  I thought of this yesterday, but now I see the McCains and the Palins are planning to go to NOLA on Sunday.  But I see this extending into convention week.  The very savvy McCain has shown every indication that it is able to make such lemons into lemonade.

I can see it now:  Todd Palin driving some boat, carrying hapless victims out of the 9th Ward.  Sarah Palin wading through the water or filling sandbags.  A casually-dressed McCain in the middle of the action.

Of course, the partially-improved levees could hold and this may be mooted.  But I can see NOLA as Minneapolis south. 

No comments: