Friday, September 12, 2008

The Interview

I'm a fan of the Warrior Goddess of the North, but I was somewhat disappointed in her performance in the interview with Charles Gibson. She has to be exhausted, with a new baby and sending her son off to war this week, and then having to prepare for this major MSM inquisition. Understandably she looked tired and ill-prepared. But Vladimir Putin won't make allowances for that sort of thing. So she shouldn't be cut too much slack, except to point out that executive decision making is not the same thing as fielding gotcha questions.

I thought her command of energy issues was obvious, and that alone comes close to making her qualified. But on the Bush doctrine, I think she just didn't know what it was, but should have. Having said that, I think her instincts are good and she's smart and a quick study. So in substance, I'm not really worried about her ability to lead, despite the fact that sometimes I expect a voice to come on saying, "in this portion of Fargo, the part of Marge Gunderson will be played by Joan Cusack."

No comments: